According to Bharat Bhise, following a proper diet is important whether you want to stay healthy, lose weight, or simply stay in shape. Unfortunately, the endless amount of information on the web regarding restrictive diets and proper meal planning can leave you more confused than ever. And, if you don’t follow the advice of a reputed nutritionist, it can even cause you more harm.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few diet tips you can follow for success:
- Avoid food products with added sugar – Sugar is one of the unhealthiest substances you can consume, and it can lead to unnecessary weight gain and causes major illnesses such as diabetes and heart-related problems. Thus, it is essential to remove sugar from your diet.
That means it is also necessary to avoid consuming sugary drinks, soda, candy, baked goods, and more that tend to contain excessive amounts of sugar. Make it a habit to read the nutrition labels of any food product since even food products advertised as ‘organic’ and ‘healthy’ often tend to contain sugar.
- Include protein in your breakfast – One of the best ways to control your appetite throughout the day and reduce unhealthy snacking is to have a protein-rich breakfast. This can be incredibly beneficial if you have a compulsive eating disorder that prevents you from getting into shape or meeting your dieting goals.
A protein-rich breakfast doesn’t have to be anything fancy. You can simply include protein-rich food such as scrambled eggs along with some sauteed veggies and a healthy fruit juice to start your day.
- Reduce refined carbs – It is unhealthy to eat refined food such as pasta, white flour, bread, and more since these don’t include any healthy fiber or nutrients but are loaded with sugar. Since such food and food products are low in fiber, they get digested quickly but make you feel full for a short duration.
Foods that are rich in complex carbohydrates such as quinoa, oats, barley, and vegetables such as potatoes and carrots are healthier to consume since they are more nutrient-dense. Plus, they will keep you full for longer.
- Consume more fiber – If one of your main goals is to lose weight, it is important to consume lots of food that is rich in fiber. These include dark and leafy vegetables, whole grains, fruits, beans, and more.
Bring out your inner chef and experiment with different food dishes that involve the use of tasty fruits, veggies, nuts, and beans. You can include them for breakfast or simply snack on them when you are feeling hungry.
- Don’t avoid healthy fats – Not all types of fats are considered unhealthy. In fact, your body needs healthy fats found in food such as nuts, avocados, olive oil, and more to function properly, and can also help you to maximize your weight loss goals.
Bharat Bhise suggests you avoid consuming calorie-rich food products such as milkshakes, sodas, sports drinks, and more to prevent going over your daily optimum calorie intake. Instead, ensure you drink a healthy dose of water throughout the day.